Being Real and Transparent
Ok, so, I had an awesome discussion with a dear friend of mine this morning and it seemed to keep coming back to the same topic which was being transparent.... being real with yourself and others and also letting people see you for who you really are. Our big thing was that so many people in our lives live as though they've got it all together and they never get to know each other....for real!! Let's just bring this down to the personal level for myself. It's sad thats I say that I have so many "friends" but do I even know them? Do they really know me?? I know I'm guilty in showing the "Lydia" face. The face of smiles, a laugh here and there, the busy-bee and s.school "planner-of-all-things"..ha. But I have to say, I don't think many people know the real me! Am I afraid that if they know all the crud in my life that they wouldn't like me? Would they judge me? Would they think of me as a fake or phony? Probably so ... to all accounts. But really, that o.k. I don't want to be all surface... all face and no realness. Yes, I have struggles, pain, disappointments, problems, bad habits, ... but who doesn't. I want, with the Lord's help, to be more real... more transparent.... more ME!
... but do not be conformed to this world, but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mine....
No comments:
Post a Comment